Sunday, December 5, 2010

SMUT weekend results

Here are most of the results from the various races this weekend. If there is anyone I've missed please let me know or post a comment.

Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon


Steven Dean placed 18th out of over 1000 in 1:24:50. Crap man!!!! Destroyed his age group, as usual, by about 6 minutes. Way to go Steven.

Las Vegas RnR

Paula finished the half marathon in 2:01:21. This was Paula's first half. Nice going and I'm thinking she'll get well under 2 hours next time

Kathy-not heard yet.

Jeff Bzoskie full marathon in 4:41. Jeff mentioned something about running Dean Karnazes style from his house to the start and running the race then running home. Not sure if that played out, but judging from the time I'm guessing he did.

Ridgecrest 30k

Britta 3:48
Terry 4:21
Debbie ca. 4 hours

Extremely well done ladies. I think this is Debbie's first trail race too. Way to go.

Ridgecrest 50k

Peggy 4:48 Excellent time there Peggy. Finishing a 50k in under 5 hours is a great accomplishment.

Western States 100 Lottery

Shad in, Josh not. This was really a crap shoot. Odds were about 1 in 10 or so of getting in. I would have almost preferred to see the Las Vegan with a chance of winning to get in, but I guess I'll take it.

There was a lot going on this weekend. Good to see everyone so active. Way to go to all the runners. I also had a good time at the RnR expo helping Josh and Pearl Izumi out as well as being a buffer between Hillary and the drunk Sport Bean guy.


Just about a month until the Fat Ass which has filled to capacity. Two years ago there were 11 runners and just 6 last year so it's amazing to have 50 entrants a month before the race. I know Josh and Ian are going to look into getting the BLM to allow more runners, but we will have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice accomplishments from a whole list of great people! Shad, you now have to go for sub-24 and pick up that silver buckle.

    ReplyDelete